In Ground Burial
Choices for in-ground interment
Cincinnati Catholic Cemetery Society offers a variety of choices for in-ground interment. Most common are single graves and lots composed of two or more graves.
- Single grave: In most cases, this can accommodate two casket interments, one at extra depth and the other at standard depth, usually with a flat memorial.
- Lot: A lot contains more than one grave. In general, each grave can accommodate two casket interments, with an upright memorial.
- Shared-monument lot: A lot adjacent to an installed memorial. The interment rights include inscription rights to the side of the monument facing the lot. The individual or family purchasing the lot on the opposite side of the monument purchases the inscription rights to that face of the monument.
- Family-monument lot: This is also a lot adjacent to an installed memorial. The individual or family purchasing the lot also purchases the monument, thus obtaining the inscription rights.
- Urn space: These interment rights will accommodate up to two urns containing cremated remains, usually with a flat memorial. In many cemeteries, urn spaces have been designed around a central sculpture or garden feature.
- Veterans' section: At Cincinnati Catholic Cemetery Society we have a section dedicated to veterans. The cost of interment rights is reduced in this section. A common memorial feature is dedicated to all veterans.
Care and maintenance
Regular care and maintenance activities include:
- Cutting grass, re-grading graves and lots, planting and caring for trees, snow removal, maintenance of water-supply systems, roads and drainage.
Not all interment rights are available at all cemeteries. Pre-planning gives you the opportunity to make an informed decision about your funeral arrangements.